Djimon Hounsou To Star In 'Beauty Shop'[Friday, March 19th, 2004]
Oscar-nominated actor Djimon Hounsou and Alicia Silverstone are checking into Beauty Shop, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Queen Latifah is to star in the Barbershop spinoff for director Bille Woodruff (Honey).
Latifah plays Gina, who moves from Chicago to Atlanta so her daughter can attend a prestigious music school. She becomes a stylist and, when her scamming boss takes credit for her work, opens her own shop, where her uptown clients clash with those from downtown.
Shooting is set to start next month.
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]