Terry Gilliam To Direct 'Brothers Grimm' Adaptation[Tuesday, March 4th, 2003]
Director Terry Gilliam has come aboard to the helm MGMs fairy tale adaptaion - Brothers Grimm, according to Variety.
The $75 million project is said to be a fictionalized story that casts German fairy tale authors Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm as traveling spellbusters, claiming to protect Mittel European townsfolk from enchanted creatures and staging fake exorcisms until they come face to face with a real magical curse.
"The characters are great, and this is the first adventure of the brothers Grimm, so there's plenty of potential to make a franchise," said Dimension co-president Bob Weinstein. "We've been quite successful in the past, so anything like that, if it does pay off with hopefully the good movie that I think it will be, it pays off also down the road."
Robin Williams, Heath Ledger and Matt Damon are still in negotiations to star in the movie, with a planned Fall 2004 release.
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]