Ludacris To Be In Fast And Furious Sequel[Thursday, August 29th, 2002]
Rapper Ludacris has joined the cast of Universal Pictures' "The Fast and the Furious 2" for director John Singleton and Original Film, reports The Hollywood Reporter.
"Furious" stars Paul Walker and Tyrese as undercover agents who team up with a female undercover agent (Eva Mendes) to bring down a formidable drug trafficker named Carter Verone (Cole Hauser), who has eluded authorities.
Ludacris will play Taj, a friend of Walker's character.
Earlier this year, Ludacris was nominated for two Grammy Awards, including best rap sung collaboration and best rap album. He began his career as a radio DJ in Atlanta. As an actor, he had a small part as a customer in Lions Gate Films' "The Wash" and played himself in an episode of the Showtime series "Soul Food."
Production begins in the fall in Miami, with James Remar and Devon Aoki also starring.
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]