KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » If you had a chance to write for your favorite Comic Book character

If you had a chance to write for your favorite Comic Book character
Started by: golem370

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheOneFirestorm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JayDaDon
That reminds me, I'd read a Maria Hill ongoing. She was introduced as a hateful ***** but the character grew on me to the point I'm always happy to see her appear. MUCH less deserving characters have gotten their own books. She's probably sitting on a ton of big secrets, lots of story potential.

And with Shocker lots of story potential including why the hell he never pursued a legal job, and why exactly did he choose to become a professional criminal as a living.

Elliot Ness from the Terrific Action Crime Drama Mob Movie The Untouchables

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 07:38 PM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

Originally posted by -Pr-
I have ideas for all sorts of characters like Aquaman, Pym, Superman, Batman/Nightwing and so on, but I have to pick one so I'm picking the X-Men, or more specifically, Cyclops.

As I can't retcon anything, I'd instead try to salvage all that they've ****ed up, and eventually return X-Men to the status quo they had before they went to Utopia.

TLDR: Jean, Xavier, Wolverine and Cyclops are all back alive, and mutants are back on track and not treated like some kind of Nazi-esque lepers anymore.

==

The story in and of itself would have Jean come back to life and attack Earth as Dark Phoenix (because the Phoenix never really stays dead). She'd be more powerful than anything that was seen in AvX, and she'd run all over the assembled heroes, taking down everyone.

Over the course of the story it would come to light that Jean isn't all evil, and that in secret she'd resurrected Cyclops, Wolverine and Xavier, the three men that she was closest too and incidentally, three currently dead X-Men. Though they don't see eye to eye, they agree to work together. They rally all the mutants together, and using the telepathic skills of Emma, Xavier and the other telepaths, they manage to split Jean and the Phoenix in to two distinct beings: A good one and a bad one.

Dark Phoenix is driven from Earth, and at an assembled meeting of all of the heroes (both mutant and otherwise), they're all finding it hard to get along, especially considering how Cyclops is basically a war criminal now. To combat this, Jean sends out a telepathic pulse, sharing with everyone images that explained why Cyclops had descended in to super-villainy:

He was shown a future (by Cable) in which all mutants were wiped out, a future which would be kicked off by the Terrigen bomb detonating and forcing mutants to leave Earth. This prompted him to go to all the lengths he did, and it would be made very clear that even though there were other mutants involved, Cyclops intentionally shouldered blame for things even he didn't do, as he wanted to make himself not so much a martyr, but the target of peoples anger so that when it was all said and done, the other mutants could have lives of their own. He knew that it would be easier if people had a central figure to hate, and being the leader he always wanted to be, he took one for the team.

Seeing what Cyclops saw, and Xavier and Wolverine forgiving him (or at the very least choosing to try to sympathise with him) for his actions, the rest of the mutants are now, as they were before, under the banner of Cyclops and more importantly, Xavier. Soap-opera stuff next as Cyclops and Jean make peace with each other, but it's decided that they just don't belong together. Emma and Cyclops have a fight about all that went on before, during and after AvX (not to mention some very direct bad-boyfriending by him so she'd distance herself from him), but they decide to work on things once Emma returns.

Returns from where? Her and Jean are leading a force of dozens of mutants in to space to deal with the Dark Phoenix once and for all (lol, because that always sticks).

Staying behind? Barely twenty senior X-Men, who reopen the Xavier School which is now run by Xavier himself, with Cyclops back to being a field leader, not a headmaster, as it never suited him anyway.

Mutants are back in New York, they're back to being a minority, and after saving the world, they get a bit of a break from everyone.

==

No, it's not perfect. It's just me trying to salvage something Marvel has legitimately bent over a pinball machine and ****ed mercilessly. Kudos if you get that reference.

If it was up to me, i'd retcon the damn thing.

I agree with large parts of that. A lot of the stuff from Utopia onwards was just garbage. I'd also have them a minority. I'd never change it. The X-Men were founded on that idea, mutant kind teetering on the brink. If there's millions of them, like there once was, the survival of the race loses all meaning. There's no need for mutant villains as their race is stable and growing.

I think it would take more than one story arc for people to start forgiving anf forgetting what Cyclops has done over the past few years though. Marvel so thoroughly shit all over his character it would take a while for other X-Men and readers to warm to him again.

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 09:14 PM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: If you had a chance to write for your favorite Comic Book character

Originally posted by golem370
Who would you write for?, and as for why, type atleast 1 paragraph as your vision of your favorite character's near furture

Superman. I'd lobby for a crossover with Dragon Ball, and have Superman solo the DBZ-verse in one shot.

Then I'd enjoy the fallout from the interwebs.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 09:35 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarlet315

Spiderman is my number 1 favorite superhero in comics but one character who was surprisingly good was doc ock as Superior Spiderman. I would just have him exist as his own entity being ock with Pete's memories solving problems which only he can. Amazing spiderman had one of my favorite splash pages of all time where Ock is revamping everything where he's complementing and insulting pete at the same time saying that Pete had moments of genius but held back.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 10:30 PM
Scarlet315 is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet315 a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet315 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Not like current Marvel/DC are doing much better...

Originally posted by riv6672
True.
But reading this thread, i can see how much worse it could get.
Heh, I'm not so not sure a lot of what is in this thread is worse than what has been done in the comics. Imagine if this thread had been done a number of years back and responses had been stuff like:

-I'd kill off or disable all the founding members of the Avengers and replace them with more politically correct versions. When I got rid of Stark, I'd replace him with a young black girl, Pepper Potts, and Dr. Doom.

-I'd destroy the entire Marvel Universe then bring it back mixed in with other universes and have about 10 different versions of Spider-Man running around, including a version of Gwen Stacey with spider powers.

-I'd kill off Wolverine and replace him with a girl and also an alternate universe version of Logan.

-I'd bring the young X-Men from the past into the present and randomly turn Iceman gay just because.

-I'd make such a huge clusterf*** of the X-Universe that I can't even begin to describe it here. But it would be HUGE.

-Remember when they killed off Quasar and replaced him with a lesbian version of Quasar, but it didn't take and then he came back? I'd replace him again but this time with a different lesbian version of Quasar.

-I'd bring back the old version of Superman so there are two versions of Superman and Lois running around. Then I'd make such a complete mess of new Superman I'm forced to kill him off, then replace him with the old Superman so that he no longer has any history or ties to the characters around him, including Supergirl who is no longer really his cousin. Then I'd introduce a third version of Clark Kent and have him running around as well. I'd also give Lois and Lana superpowers and introduce Chinese Superman.

-I'd retcon away Crisis on Infinite Earths, but just do it off-panel and mention it as an afterthought.

-I'd put Bendis on Guardians of the Galaxy

etc, etc

You'd probably think all that sounded bad too but look how it turned out.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2017 10:54 AM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

This is one that's been kicking around in my head ever since I told Stilt I believed Sabretooth could be sympathetic without compromising the fact that he's a complete and utter ****.

==

The story would start with creed out hunting (he's living in the Canadian wilderness at this point), and he comes across a woman fleeing from weapon x. if it suited the story, she could be to him what x-23 is to logan, but older. from the start, you're setting up weapon x as the villains of the story, so right away you're on creed's side. he saves the woman, takes her to a cave, and they bone. a lot. so you have your bit of "romance" too for those that like that.

The story continues with them being kinda like bonnie and clyde along northern canada, causing all sorts of trouble but doing it as a touchy feely couple. not like, romance, but it would be obvious from early on that she's almost as c**ty as he is, so they're a match for each other.

in the final chapter, weapon x comes back to find her, and there's a big battle scene where they kill the doctor that wanted she-creed back, leaving the two of them alone together finally. they retire to a cabin in the woods, and you can ff from there, maybe five or six months. theyre sitting down to dinner, and everything seems fine until she starts choking. she falls to the floor, and while she's trying to breathe, creed explains that it's been fun, but that it was always going to end this way. he'd also tell her about his poison being able to get around healing factors. she dies there, and creed finishes his dinner, having enjoyed the entertainment.

epilogue:

the scene is creed burying the body out back, and he takes a certain care when doing it. he wraps her up and gently places the body in the ground. he takes the chain he'd stolen for her from a jewellery store, kisses the gem, and then puts it on the homemade cross he uses to mark the grave. the part that im not sure about though, is that whether the last panel should be a pan out to show that there's an entire field of crosses, like a cemetery. the implication would be that even if creed tries to make a life for himself, his nature will always win out in the end.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 03:36 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

I always wanted to say Superman with the idea that he goes ape shit crazy and starts to turn on the other heroes. Now we got injustice so that's pretty much gone.

I'm a huge fan on Constantine, probably my 2nd favorite character in comics. I'd like to see him in a more unnatural setting with the JL fighting on enemies that are more brutes than magical. I have read too much on the older comics of Constance/Sandman..etc but I can't recall many instance of him fighting things like Superman. I'm a sucker for stories that start with "X days in the future" and the character starting with a line that is something like, "I bet you're wonder how I ended up here". We'd then see Darkseid staring down on Constantine bloodied.

it's be awesome, i think

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 04:30 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I defy you to show me something worse than this.

https://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-con...631-600x555.jpg

I'll wait lol

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/12/0...rld-war-hulk-ii

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 05:38 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

After Jane's death, Thor picks up Mjolnir again. The world looks on in awe at the return of the one true Thor. Lightning streaks across the sky as a familiar feeling courses through Thor, remembering every battle he ever fought with Mjolnir in hand, every kill, every sacrifice.

Thor puts his hand on Mjolnir. Resting it, as if resting on the shoulder of a good friend. Then -crunch- . Thors fingers dig into Mjolnirs surface. He pulls hard, ripping it apart. The energies of Mjolnir begin to spill outwards, but Thor restrains them with will alone. He chokes the mother storm with his overwhelming godly aura, making it submit, to be a part of him. When the wind settles, Thors appearance has changed. His skin seethess, power leaking out of his eyes, his fists glowing with power to break galaxies. The mother storm whimpers as it bends to the will of God.

Thor opens a portal, he knows not where, he knows only it will take him somewhere he needs to go. His new kingdom.

On the other side of the portal...a man in blue, with a symbol of hope on his chest and a red cape at his back is awestruck.

Thor has discovered his first herald.

I'd also love to write Spiderman.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 05:59 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Bruh...

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 06:17 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

laughing out loud Wait till you get a load of me, Pak.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 06:31 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by Damborgson
After Jane's death, Thor picks up Mjolnir again. The world looks on in awe at the return of the one true Thor. Lightning streaks across the sky as a familiar feeling courses through Thor, remembering every battle he ever fought with Mjolnir in hand, every kill, every sacrifice.

Thor puts his hand on Mjolnir. Resting it, as if resting on the shoulder of a good friend. Then -crunch- . Thors fingers dig into Mjolnirs surface. He pulls hard, ripping it apart. The energies of Mjolnir begin to spill outwards, but Thor restrains them with will alone. He chokes the mother storm with his overwhelming godly aura, making it submit, to be a part of him. When the wind settles, Thors appearance has changed. His skin seethess, power leaking out of his eyes, his fists glowing with power to break galaxies. The mother storm whimpers as it bends to the will of God.

Thor opens a portal, he knows not where, he knows only it will take him somewhere he needs to go. His new kingdom.

On the other side of the portal...a man in blue, with a symbol of hope on his chest and a red cape at his back is awestruck.

Thor has discovered his first herald.

I'd also love to write Spiderman.
laughing I would pay so much to see this get made.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 06:36 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Thor def needs to return to space though.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 07:42 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Building on what I said earlier there are a group of "pseudo-core" titles that Marvel need.

They really do need a good x-student book. That's a good way to hook younger readers and it ensures a steady flow of new characters.

They also need a high-stakes book like uncanny x-force or exiles. A book where you can sate the need for what ifs, random matchups and rotate some of the characters on the roster to keep it from growing stale.

You also want a book that lets you explore the cosmos and weird things. Like the old FF books, Dr.Strange and Thor/Surfer. I guess we have the ultimates but it's so hesvily politicized that it completely alienates the target audience of such a book.

Thanks Estacado

Last edited by krisblaze on Dec 5th, 2017 at 08:00 AM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 07:58 AM
Evanuris

It would be Lifebringer Galactus. I would made him fight against Lady Death. He would be like "Just chillin' in a distant galaxy, swimming in the space on my back, restoring some worlds from time to time...Yeah, I'am cool...". Suddenly, Death appears and is willing to sort some abstract antithesis issues out.
D: My brother, my father, my son, my husband! Your shine blinds me!
LBG: My sister, my mother, my daughter, my wife, what brought you here?
D: You...

There goes Death asking him about what does he think of himself, how does he position himself and what are his plans. She tells about how she was opposing Eternity and Oblivion was opposing Infinity. Since Infinity is missing and Multiverse is represented by Eternity alone (also meaning he is now representing spatial concept too), she thinks that now she opposes Galactus. After a while, their dialogue ends and Death, reacting to Galactus' replies, furiously attacks Galan, causing the death of tens of universes. Galan instantly restores them. He sees Death isn't willing to listen and can be reasoned only via fight. He teleports them into superflow, separated. Death has realized she can distract Galan by destroying universes around. Galan, anticipating this, takes some time to prepare a battle arena of the size of tens of universes, making it look just like another bunch of already existing universes. He lets Lady Death find him, exits superflow, luring Death into the arena...To be continued.

Last edited by Evanuris on Dec 5th, 2017 at 05:20 PM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 05:14 PM
Evanuris is currently offline Click here to Send Evanuris a Private Message Find more posts by Evanuris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

I'd write Thor as a man. no expression

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 05:59 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

I'd create a new character, called Roofie Man, with the power to summon magical pills of delusion.

I'd have him go to one of Asgard's bars, wait until Thor goes for a drink, and slip a magical pill in his beer.

Due to the magical content of the roofie, after falling asleep, he dreams that..

As he does, he's getting plowed in the ass in the shed at the back, in a double page spread.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Dec 5th, 2017 at 06:45 PM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 06:43 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by Philosophía
I'd create a new character, called Roofie Man, with the power to summon magical pills of delusion.

I'd have him go to one of Asgard's bars, wait until Thor goes for a drink, and slip a magical pill in his beer.

Due to the magical content of the roofie, after falling asleep, he dreams that..

As he does, he's getting plowed in the ass in the shed at the back, in a double page spread.

bueno

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 07:35 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I'd write a fun story about Kang facing the Avengers by setting them up against a Starro-like opponent.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 08:00 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by Philosophía

Phil , we're talking about what we would write, that story is already in production .

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 08:21 PM