'Harry Potter 3' To Start Filming In South London[Saturday, March 1st, 2003]
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is to start filming in South London according to icSouthlondon
Last-minute preparations were being made to a set under the railway bridge at Borough Market this week, for one of the scenes from the long-awaited Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is due to be shot next week.
Workmen were putting together a temporary brick doorway leading into premises underneath the bridge to be featured in the final production.
This is the latest in a series of film and television productions to be set in the south London location, which have included Bridget Jones' Diary, Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Entrapment, which starred Bafta award winner Catherine Zeta Jones and Sean Connery.
And it seems the workmen are not new to the world of film, as painted along the ladder was the title of the most recent film, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
Winifred Joseph, assistant financial controller at Borough Market, said: "I can confirm that filming of the Harry Potter film will be taking place at the weekend, on Sunday.
"The Third Hand Book Emporium is not one of our shops, that is something the film crew has created."
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]