JK Rowling To Kill Of Two Characters[Tuesday, June 27th, 2006]
Author JK Rowling told the BBC that two characters will die in the seventh and final Harry Potter book, but she has been careful not to reveal which ones.
She told the Richard and Judy show that she had long known how the series would end, because she had written the last chapter "in something like 1990".
"One character got a reprieve, but I have to say two die that I didn't intend to die," she said. She refused to elaborate, as "I don't want the hate mail or anything else".
Rowling said she could understand why authors might want to finish off their main characters in order to ensure they could never be resurrected. She would not say if this would be the case with Harry. However, she admitted she had "never been tempted to kill him off before the final because I've always planned seven books, and I want to finish on seven books".
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]