Peter Jackson Would Consider Making 'The Hobbit'[Tuesday, February 4th, 2003]
Peter Jackson spoke with SMH about the Lord of the Rings movies, where he revealed his intentions on making the prequel to the three movies - 'The Hobbit'.
What's next for Jackson? He says he has six or seven ideas for movies, "all of them small." But he denies rumours that he has refused to direct The Hobbit, the first Tolkien Middle-earth book, which served as a prologue to The Lord of the Rings.
"Part of me would love to have somebody else make The Hobbit, so I could watch it as an audience member," Jackson says. "On the other hand, it would feel odd.
"Nobody has asked me to do it, but if they did, I would give it serious consideration."
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]