No 'Q' In 'James Bond 21' Says John Cleese[Wednesday, March 16th, 2005]
John Cleese says his character Q has been removed from the next James Bond movie Casino Royale. "If I'm told that is there is a Q, I will be Q. But unfortunately, I don't believe there's a Q in the current version of the script," Cleese told Ananova.
Director Martin Campbell is said to have dropped the character because he believes his plans for a serious Bond movie would be undermined by Cleese's humorous inventor role.
"Casino Royale will be a grittier, tougher and more realistic Bond movie," Campbell told IOL. "We'll be getting away from the huge visual effects and comic relief."
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]