Next Bond Last for Brosnan?[Wednesday, February 28th, 2001]
Big Screen spoke with Samantha Bond, who has played Miss Moneypenny in the last three films about Pierce Brosnan's future as James Bond:
"I think he'll probably call it a day after the next one. The rest of his career is going so brilliantly he can do that. Last time I saw him he was very happy."
"There will be big changes when Pierce goes. I would be reluctant to carry on because that relationship would change."
Samantha first played Moneypenny in GoldenEye in 1995. She loves the role but wishes she was given more dialogue.
She told Big Screen: "I'm a realistic actress and with her you have to remember that she will only ever get 10 lines of dialogue per film. You have to know your limits. I'd love to have more lines, though."
Brosnan, 48, has agreed to make a fourth Bond movie but is waiting for a good enough script to be written.
No title has yet been given to the Bond movie, and according to Big Screen filming will begin next January.
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]