Colin Hanks & Kyle Chandler Join 'King Kong'[Thursday, July 1st, 2004]
Colin Hanks and Kyle Chandler ("Early Edition") are the latest to join in Peter Jackson's remake of King Kong, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The duo join stars Naomi Watts, Jack Black and Adrien Brody in the reimagination of the classic story. Hanks is on board to play a production assistant to filmmaker Carl Denham (Black) with Chandler in negotiations to play a 1930s B-movie actor opposite Watts' character, Ann Darrow.
Andy Serkis is providing the reference for the character of Kong, who will be a completely CGI character, as well as playing the role of Lumpy the cook.
Jackson said he is excited to work with Hanks and Chandler.
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]