Andy Serkis Still Working On 'Lord Of The Rings'[Monday, May 19th, 2003]
Andy Serkis, who plays Gollum in the 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy, has been telling SciFi-Wire that he has still not finished filming for the final installment - Return of the King, even though principal photography ended two years ago.
Serkis is still shooting motion-capture and doing additional voice recording for the CGI creation, the actor said in an interview at the Saturn Awards on May 18, where he was honored as best supporting actor in a film.
"I've been really kind of [working] longer than a lot of the other actors, because every single scene I do on set during principal photography I then have to repeat in the motion-capture studio," Serkis said. "I've been really backwards and forwards for the last three and a half years ... to New Zealand."
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]