100,000 Fans At 'Return Of The King' Premiere![Monday, December 1st, 2003]
The world premiere for The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King has attracted over 100,000 fans in the streets of New Zealand capital Wellington, according to the BBC.
Cast and crew from the movie all took part in the street parade, which was started by Prime Minister Helen Clark, before walking on the 515 yard (470m) red carpet outside the city's Embassy Theater.
"I'm feeling incredibly humbled by this wonderful reception," said director Peter Jackson at the premiere. He also said that the adulation made those involved feel like they were "the first people to land on the moon or something."
"I'm incredibly proud of what's happening, but it's just a personal thing," he said. "You can only do what you can do. You do the very best job you can... I don't think I have any regrets."
Jackson says he is looking forward "to becoming a New Zealand film-maker again" after his next King Kong project.
He also expressed interest in making The Hobbit, although he added that he had not been asked.
New Line Cinemas Mark Ordesky, however, told a press conference that "There could be a movie about The Hobbit."
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]