Exclusive 'Minority Report' Internet Only Trailer[Tuesday, June 11th, 2002]
Steven Spielberg, director of 'Minority Report', has created a new trailer for the upcoming movie – but instead of premiering in theaters, the trailer will be available exclusively on the film’s Web site, MinorityReport.com, beginning Tuesday, June 11th. Heres more from a press release:
The trailer, which the celebrated filmmaker created especially for the site, features previously unseen footage from the futuristic thriller starring Tom Cruise, which arrives in theaters nationwide on June 21.
www.minorityreport.com brings you into the world envisioned by Spielberg for the film: Washington, D.C. in the year 2054, where police utilize a psychic technology to arrest and convict murderers before they commit their crime. Tom Cruise plays Det. John Anderton, who heads the nation’s most advanced crime force, known as Precrime, which could potentially spare the lives of thousands of people. The coming vote to take it national has only fueled his conviction that Precrime works … until he becomes its #1 suspect. For Precrime’s latest identification is clear: John Anderton will murder a total stranger in less than 36 hours. Now, with his own unit tracking his every move, Anderton must go below the radar of the state-of-the-art automated city, where every step you take is monitored, every car you drive can be controlled by someone else, and your own eyes tell the world who you are, what you want and where you're going. In the world of Precrime, because you can’t hide, everybody – including John Anderton – runs.
In addition to the new trailer, the site features an interactive examination of Precrime, in which visitors can see if they have what it takes to be part of this historic unit; plus a close look at the process by which Spielberg and a team of “futurists” – leading experts from the worlds of technology, law, science and other fields – created a realistic future.
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]