Warner Bros Set 'Matrix Reloaded' Release Date[Wednesday, July 10th, 2002]
Warner Bros. Pictures has set the domestic release of "The Matrix Reloaded" for Thursday May 15 2003, reports Variety.
The second Matrix sequel, "The Matrix Revolutions," also will be released in 2003, sometime during the holiday season.
"There's a pent-up demand for the movie, and we want to get it out there as soon as we can," said Jeff Goldstein, Warners' executive VP about the studio's decision for a Thursday release. "It's already an event, but we wanted to make it more pronounced."
This is the first time that Warners has released a film on a Thursday.
The first "Matrix" sequel will go out on more than 3,200 screens, eight days before the Memorial Day weekend. This release pattern mimics the one adopted by "Star Wars: Episode II -- Attack of the Clones."
"The Matrix" opened in North America on March 31, 1999, and grossed $458 million worldwide and $171.5 million domestically. It also became the first DVD title to sell 1 million units.
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]