The Matrix Revolutions Coming To DVD April 6th![Monday, January 12th, 2004]
Warner Bros. have announced that they will be releasing The Matrix Revolutions on DVD from April 6th.
The following are the details that have been released:
The two-disc DVD release includes hours of bonus features:
- Revolutions Recalibrated -- A behind-the-scenes overview that drills deep into the groundbreaking work that went into the final chapter.
- CG Revolution -- Explore the special effects arsenal and take an inside look at the making of the creatures and environs of the CGI-intensive third movie.
- Super Burly Brawl -- A crash course on the final Neo/Smith showdown with three multiple video streams: storyboards, behind-the-scenes and the final scene all running in sync.
- Follow the White Rabbit -- Watch the special features and select the White Rabbit icon to go further into the making of the film.
- Neo Realism: The Evolution of Bullet Time -- A closer look at how "Bullet Time" was taken to the next degree of madness.
- Super Big Mini Models -- The intricacies of filming in the world of models and miniatures.
- Double Agent Smith -- A look at what it took to make this incredible scene, including the work to replicate Hugo Weaving, with body doubles, lifelike mannequins, head casts and costumes.
- Mind Over Matter: The Physicality of "The Matrix" -- A look at what it takes for the actors and stunt people to perform the dramatic stunts of "The Matrix."
- Future Gamer "The Matrix Online" -- An introduction to the massive multi-player game "The Matrix Online," created by the Wachowski Brothers.
- 3-D Evolution -- Transition to different levels of the Matrix to view concept art, storyboards, pre-visualizations and realizations for several elements in "Revolutions"
- Before the Revolution -- 3-D timeline of the concurrent story development occurring in the Matrix between the "Matrix" trilogy, "The Animatrix," and "Enter the Matrix."
- Theatrical Trailer -- Weblinks to the official "Matrix" website and "The Matrix Online" test site
In the powerful final chapter of the "Matrix" trilogy, Neo (Keanu Reeves) took another step forward in the quest for truth that began with his journey into the real world at the outset of "The Matrix" -- but that transformation has left him drained of his power, adrift in a no man's land between the Matrix and the Machine World. While Trinity (Carrie-Anne Moss) holds vigil over Neo's comatose body, Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne) grapples with the revelation that the One in which he has invested a life's worth of faith is merely another system of control invented by the architects of the Matrix. During the stunning conclusion, the rebel's long quest for freedom culminates in an explosive battle. As the Machine Army wages devastation on Zion, its citizens mount an aggressive defense -- but can they stave off the relentless swarm of Sentinels long enough for Neo to harness the full extent of his powers and end the war?
DVD - $29.95 SRP
VHS - Priced for rental
Street Date: April 6, 2004
Running time: 129 mins.
Rating: R (for sci-fi violence and brief sexual content)
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]