Columbia Get 'The Passion Of The Ark'[Thursday, April 15th, 2004]
Columbia Pictures have bought a pitch from two unproduced writers called The Passion of the Ark for a reported $2.5 million, according to Variety.
Writers Bobby Florsheim and Josh Stolberg's modern-day tale of an unmarried man approached by God to build an ark to save the world from a second flood whetted the interest of all major studios, including Warners, Fox, and U. But it was Neal Moritz's Col-based Original Films shingle that prevailed, with Original exec Ori Marmur bringing in the red hot spec.
"We knew we wanted to do something mythological," said Florsheim, adding, "and so we looked at everything from the Easter Bunny to Noah. And we thought, 'Hmmm. Bunnies. Animals. Noah. This could work.' "
More On 'The Passion of the Ark'...
E-Mail This Article » Share your comments on 'The Passion of the Ark'
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]