Chelsom To Direct 'Shall We Dance?' Remake[Tuesday, August 6th, 2002]
Shall We Dance
The movie tallied a record U.S. box office gross for a Japanese film.
"Shall We Dance?" grossed $10 million in its original release, during which Miramax bought distribution and remake rights.
The romantic comedy concerns a staid working man who takes a ballroom dancing class in an effort to impress a beautiful dance teacher. In the end, the dancing helps him save his marriage.
The movie was discovered at the 1996 Cannes Film Festival.
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]