Episode II Advance Charity Screenings[Sunday, March 3rd, 2002]
Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones will make a May 12 premiere in 11 cities in the US to raise money for children's programs. At each premiere, some theater seats will be reserved especially for disadvantaged children, says AP.
"Throughout the years, 'Star Wars' films have entertained generations of children," George Lucas, creator of the films, said in a statement on the movies' Web site. "I'm delighted that these premieres will provide an opportunity to benefit the children who need it the most."
Cities where charity premieres will be held are Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, Toronto and Washington.
The movie, introducing Hayden Christensen as the young adult Skywalker, opens commercially May 16.
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]