Digital Screens Open For Attack Of The Clones[Friday, May 10th, 2002]
Boeing Digital will today announce that a first set of digital-cinema deals have been put into place with exhibitors, and its estimated 23 such ventues will be up and running by the May 16 opening of 'Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones", says Variety.
In total, 20th Century Fox expect about 60 digital venues will be shown among 5,000 domestic screens for the "Clones" bow. About 20 recent Technicolor Digital installations also figure in that count as well as more than a dozen previously existing digital screens.
Some number of earlier installations won't be used to show George Lucas' latest space prequel because Lucasfilm execs fear anti-piracy safeguards may be too lax on the older systems.
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]