'Clones' Reaches $116 In Four Days[Sunday, May 19th, 2002]
The latest Star Wars movie - "Attack of the Clones", took in $116.3 million in its first four days and became the second-fastest film, behind only "Spider-Man", to top $100 million reports the AP.
After grossing $30.1 million on opening day Thursday, "Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones" collected $86.15 million Friday to Sunday, the third-highest debut ever for a three-day weekend, behind "Spider-Man" and "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone."
"Spider-Man" slipped to No. 2 in its third weekend but held up well with $46 million, bringing its total to $286.5 million in 17 days. The film already ranks 14th on the all-time domestic box-office chart, just behind "The Empire Strikes Back."
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]