Natalie Portman And Bai Ling Talk 'Star Wars III'[Wednesday, December 10th, 2003]
At the Cold Mountain premiere both stars Natalie Portman and Bai Ling spoke with USA Today about their roles in Star Wars: Episode III.
In May 2005, Portman will again play mother (and wear expanding pregnancy padding) when her Star Wars: Episode III character, Padmé Amidala, gives birth to twins, Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia. Comparing her two maternal roles, Portman said, "Both have a heavy responsibility where their own survival becomes crucial to their children's survival."
Among the guests at the St. Regis after-party was actress Bai Ling. Ling also appears in the next Star Wars, playing Senator Bana Breemu alongside Portman. "My character helps put Padmé's mind at peace when she's in trouble," Ling previewed.
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]