Natalie Portman On Darker 'Episode III'[Monday, December 6th, 2004]
Natalie Portman, who plays Padmé Amidala in the Star Wars prequel trilogy, says that the final Star Wars movie Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith is even darker than previous installments. "As far as the filming, yes, it's darker," Portman told Sci-Fi Wire. "It was really intense. We worked really hard. Hayden [Christensen] and Ewan [McGregor] were both amazing, and Ian McDiarmid. We all worked hard, and hopefully we'll see a good movie when it comes out."
Her role in the movie sees her play Anakin Skywalker's secret wife and the mother of Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia.
Portman says shes sadden by the fact that the next movie will be the final one in the trilogy. "It was a big chunk of my life," she said. "It was 10 years from the time I started to the time the next film comes out. So, as with all phase changes in life, it's both sad, because you're not going to go back and see the same people, and then exciting as to what is ahead."
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]