Schwarzenegger Terminates Canada[Saturday, February 16th, 2002]
Arnold Schwarzenegger's political ambitions may have terminated plans to shoot his latest big-budget sequel in Canada, reported The Calgary Sun.
B.C. film commissioner Lindsay Allen confirmed yesterday that the 'Terminator 3' had pulled out of Vancouver, where it was supposed to film in April.
The rumoured reason for the sudden and costly move is that Schwarzenegger fears shooting a film in Canada -- a so-called "runaway production" -- would hurt his chances at becoming governor of California.
"Runaway productions" are notoriously unpopular in California, with film industry workers furious that film and TV projects go north to save money.
Allen estimates that filming a movie in Canada is 25 to 30% cheaper than shooting in L.A.
"I can't confirm that, but I've heard the same rumours -- that Arnie is running for governor," Allen said, adding he was given no official reason why the project pulled out of B.C.
To keep the T3 budget from spiralling north of $200 million US, Schwarzenegger is reportedly forfeiting at least part of his $30-million US salary.
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]