Kate Beckinsale Talks 'Van Helsing' Stunts[Tuesday, February 3rd, 2004]
Kate Beckinsale, who plays Anna Valerious in the upcoming Van Helsing, says she had to preform a lot of stunts for the role and was also accidentally set on fire. "I was standing a bit close to a sparking, melted metal thing," Beckinsale told SciFi-Wire. "Sadly it [wasn't] a wig. It may be by the end of the movie."
"I didn't know it was happening," she said. "It was only a tiny bit. But, yes, I suddenly found this big burly camera assistant rushing at me. I thought, 'My God, what did I do?' And he just beat me on the back."
Beckinsale, who plays a gypsy princess in the movie, says some of her stunts included being pulled by wires in the air. "It was so fun," she said. "It was really fun. Some of [the stunts] aren't fun. The tree thing wasn't that fun, because I was upside down in it, and I have to kind of hook my legs around the wire. And for some reason being outside feels much more dangerous than being on the set. I don't know why, it just does. And just as we were about to shoot, my crucifix broke and fell 30 feet, and I thought, 'Oh God, it's high.' I really hated that. The other one was really fun. We weren't really high up. It was like just being on a really big, fun swing."
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]