Patrick Stewart Talks X-Men Sequel - X2[Thursday, February 6th, 2003]
EmpireOnline were able to talk to Patrick Stewart about the X-Men sequel - X2, while wheelchair bound as Professor X on the X-Men set in Vancouver.
X2 will need to reach beyond that core audience; and that looks assured. For thanks to that new and improved budget, the mutant heroes - all of whom return, under Singer's direction once again - will cut loose in ways not possible three years ago.
"We do see very dramatically in two places, the beginning and the end of the film, what his powers can do. And it's spectacular," says Patrick Stewart
The original's relative lack of action has been remedied, building towards a spectacular climax in the Rocky Mountains. Approximately 100 effects shots have been added since filming began, bringing the total to around 800. And even though filming only concluded in November, a rough cut has already been assembled.
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]