Director Matthew Vaughn Leaves 'X-Men 3'[Wednesday, June 1st, 2005]
Director Matthew Vaughn (Layer Cake) has left X-Men 3, with only nine weeks before principal photography, according to [a http://www.aintitcool.com]AICN[/a].
The reasons behind Vaughn's departure are both surprising and unclear. Vaughn was instrumental in getting Kelsey Grammar on board to play Beast and Vinnie Jones as Juggernaught, and even helped with the script penned by Zak Penn and Simon Kinsberg.
"This is not a case of creative differences," Marvel exec Avi Arad said in a statement. "This is a personal decision by Matthew, and I can tell you that he is heartbroken. He loved this material, and he wanted to make this film."
Arad went on to say that Marvel and Fox will announce a new director in the coming days, as well as an announcement as to who will play Angel, a character that will play a big role in the next movie.
Principal photography is still scheduled to begin in nine weeks in Vancouver, with a targeted Memorial Day 2006 release to still happen as well.
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]