Brett Ratner To Direct Spacey's 'Breaking Vegas'[Friday, August 27th, 2004]
Brett Ratner is to direct the MGM gambling caper Breaking Vegas, with Kevin Spacey producing, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
Project is based on Ben Mezrich's nonfiction bestseller "Bringing Down the House," about six M.I.T. students who were trained to become experts in card counting and subsequently took Vegas casinos for millions in winnings.
MGM acquired the rights to the book in 2002. Peter Steinfeld, who wrote Be Cool, the sequel to Get Shorty, penned the adaptation, which could start lensing in early 2005.
Spacey is eyeing the supporting role of the students' M.I.T. professor.
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]