Halle Berry Breaks Arm On 'Gothika' Set[Thursday, May 15th, 2003]
Actress Halle Berry has broken her arm on the Montreal set of her upcoming film Gothika, according to Reuters.
Berry plays a criminal psychologist in the supernatural thriller, and was injured on Wednesday while shooting a "physically demanding scene".
Several of Berry's co-stars, who include Robert Downey Jr., Penelope Cruz, and Bernard Hill, were on set at the time but it's not clear who else was in the scene with her. "It wasn't a stunt scene, it was just one of the physical scenes in a movie," said a spokesperson. "Her arm didn't go the way it was supposed to."
Berry, 32, was taken by ambulance to a Montreal hospital, where she was treated for a broken ulna -- the bone that extends from the elbow to the wrist -- and released.
The producers, Robert Zemeckis and Joel Silver, shut down filming until next Tuesday when it is thought Berry should be well enough to return.
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]